Friday, June 26, 2015

Momma's Got a Brand New Bag...


I needed a new purse, so I pulled out the pattern for the  Potato Chip Bag.   I made my first one back in 2012, following the directions as written.

Then I made another, smaller one for my mom:

With two under my belt, I went off on my own and created a third bag for my own use, larger this time, and with a few bells and whistles like zippered interior pockets,an adjustable strap,  and patchwork for the front flap and back pocket.

After much use as my day-to-day purse, the larger one started to look a little faded and droopy.  Time to make new one.   My first choice for the purse was to use what was left of this border fabric from a recent quilt project:

I fussy cut the large floral to make the front flap, and used the rest for a pocket on the back:

On the inside is a pocket sized just right for my cell phone, a zippered pocket,  a "D" ring to attach keys, and a loop for a pen.  The Potato Chip Bag.  Betcha can't make just one!




post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love it when we adapt patterns that work better for us! I love all the bags you've made! Love that fabric you used for the flap. So pretty! Hope to see it in person soon!

    ReplyDelete