Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Goals

2014 was a pretty good year for me, quiltwise.   I managed to finish 10 quilts.  Many are quite small, and two of the larger ones were quilted by longarmers, but most important in my mind is that they are finished.


As for 2015, I have decided to try and use what I already have.  So, I looked around my sewing room and put together some groups of fabrics that I really want to dive into and turn into quilts:

These blue and tan fabrics with charm pack from the "Lexington" collection:

These coordinates inspired by "Miss Kate" by Bonnie and Camille, that I purchased with a gift certificate from Keepsake Quilting.

This jellyroll called "Hearts Content" that my husband brought back for me from a business trip:

This little pile of red and tans from a mini charm pack, that are destined to become a table runner:

And this group of Americana inspired red and blues that is a combination of Civil War repro stash, and some additions purchased on a Fabric Store field trip.

I think that's plenty to keep this quilter busy for a quite a while!  I put them out here on the blog as a way of accounting to myself, and when I look back in 2016 I hope to have some more finishes from these! Along the way, I will also continue to make tops for Quilts for Kids.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and creative New Year!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Always amazed to see how much can be accomplished in a year. I need to figure that out and see how I do. You really did a lot! The pear quilt looks like a Lori Holt. I love everything she does. I love the Lexington fabrics. I just completed a quilt using those fabrics, plus a couple others, in a Churn Dash. Just need to bind it and it will be ready for a September (yes....September!) wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got so much done! I'm envious!! We still can go shopping. Just use up what you have first. Then your new purchases can go towards next year's to do list!! Makes perfect sense to me!

    ReplyDelete