Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A shawl finish

I mentioned in a previous post that some women at my church were starting up a Prayer Shawl Ministry.


We have been meeting weekly, and I am amazed at the speed in which we have generated several shawls to be given out.  Some of the women have knit or crocheted a couple or more shawls already in the time it has taken me to complete my first one.

Turns out that it is kind of hard to get a picture of a shawl without having it on a model.  (I promise that it is really a nice straight rectangular shape.)

When we finish a shawl, we wrap it up in a cellophane bag and tie it with a pretty ribbon.  Here are the ones that were finished last week.

We have a nice mix of women from the area and I have enjoyed getting the chance to know them.




post signature

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful - I love that sort of basket weave stitch (I'm not a knitter, so I don't know the name for it) but it's really effective. xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that color and the pattern. Makes a great shawl! Such a nice thing to do!

    ReplyDelete