Monday, December 2, 2013

Basting. It's not just for turkeys.




I spent yesterday afternoon getting my memory quilt ready for quilting.  I want to have this ready to give to my mother-in-law at Christmas so I need to get cracking.

I set a goal in November to try and blog daily, and I was doing fairly well until the middle of the month when my mother was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital.  Naturally, crafting and blogging were put on the back burner for a while.  Thankfully, she is doing better now and is back at home, recuperating.  We managed to have a nice, if very low key, Thanksgiving, and this weekend I had a little time to get back to quilting.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend! How are you planning on quilting your quilt? I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could still hand quilt - I always loved the stitching. Arthritis has stopped that but I'm grateful that I've learned to do a bit of machine quilting. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not just for turkeys???? LOL!! You cracked me up with that headline, Em!

    ReplyDelete