Saturday, November 2, 2013

Table Running

I had the opportunity to teach a tablerunner class to six lovely quilters today at my local quilt shop.  It's a pattern I created last year, when I was making a Mother's Day gift for my Mom:

At the time, I ended up cutting and sewing many  more strips and squares than I needed, but I liked the way it came out, so I decided to try it again.  This time I did a little better with the Math, and streamlined the process so that I didn't end up with lots of little squares left over.


Here's a sampling of the tablerunners that were created in class today.  (Some are not yet completely sewn together.)  Ellen made one in Christmas fabrics:

Kim also did a Christmas theme:

Mary put together a very nice selection of Autumn prints:

Shayna had a nice collection of fabrics from her stash:

Shayna's Mom, Avery, used a rainbow of colors:

and Jane put together a collection of vegetable prints to create a Harvest theme.

It was a lot of fun seeing all the different fabric collections take shape.  I hope that I'll get to see the finished products at a future Show and Tell.

While at the quilt shop today, I ran into another quilt blogger that I recognized from her blog photos.  She was so surprised when I told her that I was a reader of her blog.  It was just as surprising to me, too.  Small blog world!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful variety of fabrics and the pattern works well for all of them!
    Sounds like class was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see the many different fabrics making each runner more individual! Sounds like they had a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete