Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finish It February

My local quilt shop had a Super Bowl sale, so I did what any quilter would do and supported my local shop.  I picked up a few fat quarters for $1.00 a piece, but I had the most fun going through her three large boxes of scraps.  The first fabric that caught my eye was a Tasha Tudor inspired print with this adorable little bird on it:
I think it's a wren.
The same fabric also had these sweet rabbits.
Rabbits this cute must surely be called "bunnies".

What's a woodland print without a wise owl?

Before I knew it, I was searching the  scrap fabrics to find coordinates for the woodland print.  I ended up with these:

The large piece of fabric on the right is one yard from a bolt that was on sale for $4.00/yard.   My head is already brewing with ideas for how to use this feminine collection, but it will have to wait for now.  My motto  for this month is "Finish it" February, not "Start Something from Sale Fabric" February.

I took the "Drop and Give me Twenty" pledge to do something sewing related for 20 minutes a day in February. Other than washing and ironing the above fabrics,  that hasn't happened.  (Don't you just hate it when real life  gets in the way of crafting?)  I have managed to knit for at least 20 minutes every day, so that counts as  progress, right?

My bottom line goal for February is to finish the sweater I am knitting, and to finish at least one quilt (including sewing down the binding) so that when our guild show rolls around this Fall I will have at least one thing ready to contribute.  Anything beyond that is icing on the cake.

A big snowstorm is coming our way this weekend, so hopefully I will make up for lost time.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics you chose, especially the woodland fabric. We never seem to have sales like that at our quilt shops, but then, the shops themselves are few and far between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Auntie Em, I too stopped by the "Super Bowl Sale" and a few fat quarters and a couple of patterns found their way home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute fabric! Which quilt shop did you go to? I love all those fabrics together. So feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your woodland fabric, the additional fabric will look wonderful with it. Look forward to seeing your project in which you will be using it.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think knitting 20 minutes a day counts! You are still moving toward a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another quilter/knitter yea!! The only thing better than finding wonderful fabric is finding it on sale. LOL!! Tasha Tudor is one of my favorites, how fun to find that fabric, lovely prints to go with them. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There you go - realistic goals. That's what I am trying to do more of myself.

    ReplyDelete