Thursday, February 21, 2013

A February Finish

I finally have a finish to show for February.

This is the table runner I made from the "Orphans and Scraps" sew along posted by Pam Buda.  I love the way it turned out.

It's kind of like a "Where's Waldo" with quilt blocks.  


Find the Courthouse Steps block...
Ah, there it is.

I have become a fan of using striped fabrics for bindings.  The tan/black stripe fabric was something I bought from a sale bin without knowing exactly what I would use it for, but I thought it was perfect for the binding on this runner.

On the opposite end of the quilted spectrum, I also finished this month's Block of the Month that I am doing at my local quilt shop.

In my time as a quilter, I have always referred to myself as a "jewel tone gal".  They have always been my favorite colors to work with.  I surprised myself with how much I have enjoyed using the Civil War repro fabrics.   Who would have guessed?

post signature

7 comments:

  1. A lovely finish! I agree with you about using stripes for borders. It adds interest instead of being ho-hum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how your table runner turned out. Such a nice setting for the 4 little blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner is adorable! How many blocks did you make for the BOM??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the runner!!!! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the Orphans & Scraps project turned out. I really like the quilting -- nice and simple and enhances the patchwork rather than competing with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful table runner! Exactly my kind of scraps and arrangement.

    ReplyDelete