Monday, June 18, 2012

Pin cushions

Pin cushions have become all the rage it seems.  I think it might have something to do with  not wanting to have magnetized pin catchers around the new computerized sewing machines.  But perhaps its also due to the fact they they are fun to make and are great little gifts for quilter friends.

At our quilt guild banquet last week, we all got a little pin cushion to take home with us.

As you can tell, they were made from small canning jars, and inside they held a sweet surprise:

While I had the camera out, I also took a picture of  a pin cushion that my daughter made for me when she was in elementary school.  I think the pattern was something she found in a Highlights magazine.
It's made from a little tupperware cup,  some yellow felt and a bit of black corduroy, and it puts a smile on my face every time I use it.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. The pin cushion your daughter made you is adorable! The guild pin cushions were a cute idea. I want more chocolates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling...both of them! The daisy one from daughter is priceless...and
    the canning jar version is clever!!! Thanks for a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete