Thursday, May 17, 2012

Animal House

Meet Stella.


Stella is a gorgeous kitty who belongs to my brother and sister-in-law.  That is not her crate she is lounging in, it is Toby's crate.  She is absolutely fearless when it comes to canines, and Toby was more afraid of her than she was of him.

After a bit of warming up, the two became quite friendly.  Here they are sharing the view to the back yard at Stella's house.

Toby had lots of fun with his "cousin" Stella. The next day he seemed a little subdued.  We thought he was just resting up from his visit, but it turned out that Toby had developed some tummy troubles and had to visit the vet.

A couple of days on a bland diet, and some medicine and he is back to his old self.  In the almost three years that we have had Toby, this was the first time he has ever been sick. 

After a few days of being stuck in the house with my little ailing buddy, and I just had to celebrate his return to health with some retail therapy of the quilting kind.  I went to my local quilt shop and came home with these luscious fabrics:

I just love the leaf print on the left, and had to find some coordinates to go with it.  I'm going to make another table runner.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. dibs on your scraps! The fabrics are fab! Sorry the pooch was ailing, bet the cat feed him something to get him in trouble- you know how cats are (seriously just kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby looks so much like our dog! I'm glad he's feeling better and I LOVE your fabric choices!!! Can't wait to see the table runner out of this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear Tobe is feeling better! Your fabric is gorgeous! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete