Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14th already?


I can't believe it's Valentine's Day already!  It seems like New Year's was just last week. 

A quick recap of what I've been up to since my last post:

We had some work done on the house in the time leading up to the holidays, and I had to pack up my sewing room for a bit.

Christmas came and went with all the flurry of celebration and preparation.  We played host for our family gathering this year, and had a grand time.

In January, my father took a fall and fractured a rib and 4 vertebrae, so much of my time lately has been spent in hospital rooms and then at the rehab hospital.  Fortunately, Dad is on the mend and will be back home soon.





One crafty project that I finished is a crocheted doily that I had been working on for a while.

The pattern was a freebie called "pinwheel doily" that I found here.   Although it called for white crochet cotton, but the pinwheel center reminded me of a poinsettia so I decided to make it in red and use it for Christmas.  Of course, being red, it doubles as a Valentine's decoration too.

I don't actually decorate too much for Valentine's day because I like to keep around some of the Christmas decor even after Christmas. For example, this pitcher and flowers and the little snowman are still on my mantle:

  This looks like "winter" to me, not just "Christmas" and I like to think the red can cover for Valentine's Day too.

Happy Valentine's Day!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you again. I know, where does the time go.
    I love your doily, crochet is the one crafty things I cannot do.
    I do not decorate for Valentines either, I do have a heart wall hanging on my front door. Put it up a week before Feb 14th and remains there for the balance of the month, because it is Heart Month.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello stranger nice to see you back ,I just love that doily ,I don't crochet either but I love to admire the work others do .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!! Love your doily. I'm making a doily, too, but not that complex. Maybe my next one. Lane

    ReplyDelete